I can’t believe we are almost done with May and summer will be officially here.
If you ask me some of the products from this month’s empties list I’m really glad that I’m done with. So:
Makeup – it’s a short list as I have been quite lazy in this aspect, buying more than using:
– Peggy Sage concealer – I never got to review this concealer and maybe it’s better I did not. The color was not a perfect match and the consistency was a little bit watery. It didn’t really conceal anything, it only gave a funky coloration to the skin. I don’t want to repeat this experience again.
– Bourjois Volume Glamor Max Definition mascara – at first I liked this mascara. But then it got flacky after a couple of hours of wearing it. And after three months it got a funky smell and I refused to wear it any longer. And this mascara is also surprisingly difficult to remove. For me, it was a fail.
Face products – the list is a mix of the good, the bad and the ugly:
– Galenic micellar water (review: here) – I am determined to try some more Galenic products an their micellar water remains for me one of the most effective currently on the market.
– Avene Antirougeurs Jour – I’ve used this product in seeking complementary products for my rosaceea. Also was approved by my dermathologist. I’m sorry to say that it didn’t have a visible effect on my condition and as a moisturizer, this is a poor product. After finishing this, I tried Rosaliac ( not the whole product but one week sample received at the local pharmacy) but also I was not convinced by the texture and efficiency.
– KIKO Purifying Mask (review: here) – if you haven’t already tried their products just go get some as they are amazingly well formulated.
– Farmec Aslavital Instant Lift intense repair serum – I’m a big fan of this local cosmetics brand as they are up to their promises and this product it is no different nonetheless. Applied each evening before the night cream, it makes your fine lines go away or diminish. The effects are quite long-lasting and I would buy this again when I will get the chance.
– Klorane dry shampoo (review: here) – it is without any doubt one of the best and currently my favorite.
– Dove purely pampering (review: here) – I’m so glad this product is over as it was the first time in my life when I was trying to take a shower holding my breath. Literally. Instead I’ve bought a soap bar also from Dove that has been quite pleasant.
– Eucerin PH5 Hand Cream – here, the travel-size version: nice hand-cream, very effective, pleasant smell. I think you should give it a try.
– La Roche Posay Cicaplast (review: here) – very good cream; doe make a small difference in the scars appearance. And no, it’s not a substitute for laser.
– Natura Ekos Pitanga perfume – if you travel to South America you might want to try Natura’s products, which is one of the local leading cosmetics companies. This perfume smells very exotic, very fresh and sexy and impressively long lasting.
– Other products: Tania shampoo (this is a cheap shampoo that I’ve been using in the last couple of weeks for thorough makeup brushes cleaning), polish remover (bought from Auchan, quite ok), Herbosophy intimate washing lotion,
What were your May empties?
Until the next time, wear red lipstick and glitter all the way:-)