The time has come for that post of the month to go through all that empties accumulated in July and see what’s worth buying again or trying some more.
- Jardin de France Brume de Fraicheur – in the midst of the summer, skin moisturizing and cleanness is a top priority. Using thermal water can definitely help and getting it at a 400 ml dosage seemed like a nice deal when I came across this nice bottle in a drugstore. To me it seemed mostly like tap water under a low pressure and in fact not even half of it it is used and shall never be used again. If you come across this brand choose Avene instead and save your money.
- Honeymania shower gel from Body Shop (you can read my review here) – although we are two persons in this house, this shower gel was really a treat and I’ve used it accordingly. But I am always eager to try the amazing fragrances from Body Shop and be surprised.
- Rainforest Radiance conditioner from Body Shop ( read my review of this product here) – it was a good conditioner but it didn’t wow me but I never expected them to.
- Avon Nourishing Shampoo with nettle& burdock – I like the products from Avon Naturals Herbal gamma. Somehow, Avon reminds me about how it was like being a teenager: no money but their products made you feel so rich by diversity and accessibility. So out of sheer nostalgia sometimes I do acquire their products which reminds me why on some segments they are leaders of the market here. If you have no special expectations their products will not fail you. This shampoo is the same: does it’s job very neatly, does have a decent fragrance, does not irritate the scalp, does not improve the appearance of a brittle hair but at least the hair is clean and nice.
- Batiste dry shampoo – (you can see the full review here) – see, it did last longer! If you haven’t tried it, maybe you should give it a go.
- Bioderma Sensibio AR Anti-Redness care cream – this is fully part of my morning routine now as this bottle was replaced by a fresh one. In terms of moisturizing a redness prone skin undergoing treatment it is one of the best I’ve tried but you can read my full review here.
- Ivatherm Una Anti-aging eye contour cream – as I’ve anticipated this cream was vanished before I could properly end the review for it (here). Considering this, I don’t understand why these products are charged so much as for seeing the real effects it probably takes a lot more than a bottle. Shame on you for trying to rip the consumer!
- Yves Rocher shiny clear nail polish – I’ve been using this as top coat and actually it’s a decent one. But as the months went by and the red gamma in my nail polish stack diversified this started to become somehow dry and it was harder to apply it. I would not give a special recommendation for this product as I am not fully convinced about their quality – somehow it still feels like Yves Rocher is trying to play in the medium priced league but never got the chance to learn the game of quality yet.
- Flormar Nail base coat hardener – it’s one of the cheap brands, their products are so and so. This base-coat has not improved the quality of my nails a bit but it has worked fine.
And yes, no makeup this month as I’ve been buying a lot of stuff lately and never got the chance to finish anything. But we’ll see what august brings for us.
Until the next time, wear red lipstick and glitter all the way:-)