As the nude palettes craziness seems has hit us women hard and seems it won’t go anywhere, today I’m going to share with you some thoughts about this palette from Physicians Formula. This palette is part of their famos Shimmer Strips collection
I’ve been reading a lot of comparisons of this product with the Urban Decay Nakeds but I don’t see the point as this one from PF contains 9 shimmery colors meant for basically three classical smokey eyes look, demonstrated on the package ( natural, playful and dramatic).
- packaging – the plastic case is covered with a nice black lace layer giving the whole thing a very lady-like appearance
- nude diversity – if you love nude colors, these are indeed very pretty, in a girly style.
- the shimmer is quite discreet, nothing gliterry
- wet&dry application
- blend easily
- claims: hypoallergenic, fragrance free, paraben free, gluten free (excuse me?)
- sponge applicator – is it really necessary after all this brush hype?
- colors – when used dry you have to use quite a lot for the color to appear vibrant on your eyelid
- duration – even with primer (a couple of days I’ve used one from Too Faced and other day I’ve used one from E.L.F.) it clumped in the creases of the eyelids after a couple of hours
Overall, I’m glad that this palette is so small and the price in the drugstore was quite low. If I would have ordered it online, considering the taxes and all, I would have been very sorry. I don’t know how these colors react if you have dry skin (probably a better overall result) but it is a nice palette to play with and very good for women that don’t need investing time in makeup.
Until the next time, wear red lipstick and glitter all the way:-)