Today we are going to talk about another product from E.L.F., that is the Tone Correcting Powder, basically a pressed powder with color correcting properties. It’s made up of a mix of four powders, one green, one yellow, one blue and another one pink, all tackling different skin problems. My first dilemma was – do I use them together or use the separately and if I do why in the world the case display the colors interconnecting? Actually it goes both ways, although the producer recommends you to blend the product.
- nice for setting the foundation
- it does have a matte finish so it’s perfect for any are of the face
- it leaves the skin feeling smooth
- the coverage is sheer, so it is more like a translucent powder
- if you blend all the colors the result is a powdery grey-ish that does not flatter all skin complexions
- used separately the result is not amazing, as the color correction is quite minimal
This product I’ve read that it’s supposed to be a dupe for Nars Light Reflecting Powder, but I very much doubt that. If you want color correction my advice to you is invest in cream corrector and if you want a finishing powder, well, the market is full of them. As for this powder from ELF, it will not be a repurchase on my side.
Until the next time, wear red lipstick and glitter all the way:-)