During winter my sensitive face becomes impossible to handle: redness and dryness on my cheeks and the usual oily T zone plus the extreme oily eye lids. So it’s a circus with a constant fierce battle against forces of nature (pam-pam!). One of the key ingredients in this process is a good primer, and you know that I’m constantly trying new products in search for the perfect one but usually I end up using two kinds of primers (depending on the area that I apply) or just one targeting a specific zone. Recently, MaxFactor Facefinity Primer became available in Romanian stores and I (being a MaxFactor fan) decided to try it as it is basically MaxFactor 3 in 1 Facefinity Flawless Foundation but without the foundation and everybody is swearing by it.
- packaging – the product comes in a bottle with a pump dispenser, similar in appearance and size to the ones used for foundation
- sun protection – you will benefit from the product’s SPF 20
- texture – the product it feels silicone free but it does contain silicone and is slightly moisturizing
- price – it’s a drugstore product, so you’ll probably save at least half the money you would have spent on POREessional or any other expensive primer for that matter
- does not perform wonders in terms of blurring the pores
- it does prolong the wear of the foundation but I cannot count on it for an all-day-and-night marathon
- does not interact well with some foundations – for instance if I’m using MUFE or La Roche Posay the oily skin will have different bulky sections that will not look good as an overall
As you might have guessed, I’m not impressed by this product but it may be a my skin is in constant battle against itself and a performing primer is a must; but it might not be such a hard case for normal skin types that will probably get along very easy with this product.
Until the next time, wear red lipstick and glitter all the way:-)