I’m not much of a consumer of pricier makeup but I always feel that some products are worth the investment. About MAC everybody nowadays knows something, at least that they are generally good products.
I’ve been targeting MAC Paint Pot for a while, not being sure if to invest or not in another creamy eyeshadow. I even tried to find dupes for it (see the review for Maybelline Color Tattoo here). Eventually, I went for the real deal and because of the whole natural look craze I went for Painterly.
- economical – yes, it is because you only need a thin layer of the product on your eyelids
- it gets picked up real easy from the jar either with fingers or with a stiffer brush (like the ones used for concealer)
- you can use it as an eyeshadow or as a base for eyeshadows even as a primer if your skin permits
- it can cover different irregularities on your eyelids (redness, veins, etc)
- if you used too much product it creases; if you use it without primer, it creases (at least for me)
- you have to work quickly as it dries fast
Overall, it’s a nice product with many functionalities but it’s not something you would really miss from your makeup bag, basically, a splurge. But for those of you that are considering it, I recommend it with open heart.
Until the next time, wear red lipstick and glitter all the way:-)