I didn’t want to finish this month without a post about a recent find that has changed my makeup in a positive way: Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup foundation.
In the last couple of years, my skin as I knew it changed. From mixed skin moistly oily it has become mostly dry, sensitive and prone to rosaceea. For those of you that don’t know what it means that, I’m going just to point out the main manifestations: skin is red most of the days (depending on so many factors), the dry patches become flacky and pores are quite visible. So many of the average and common products become a challenge for me.
Because I did encounter some problems in finding the right shade I’m going to say that now for my fair skin I’m using shade 2C3 Fresco which is a little bit pinkish but blends nicely with my skin colors.
– it covers nicely without using too much product but it’s also buildable
– it stays flawlessly on your face 24h or maybe more – not once I’ve put it on my face in the early morning and got home in the morning of the next day and the foundation looked flawless. I’ve tried it with or without primer, it has the same longlasting effect but I would recommend using it with primers that go easy on the silicone (best drugstore combo is with Max Factor Facefinity Primer)
– it has a matte finish
– for a regular use I have applied it well with foundation brush or even fingers and for a more sheer finish I have been using successfully the beauty blender but I would not go further than those three.
– the foundation comes packed in a glass bottle without any pump so you have to use it carefully not to spill too much product
– it has some sun protection (SPF10) but better use a face cream with a higher protection factor
– as any long wear foundation it can feel at times dry on your skin (a solution might be spritzing some the thermal spray water on your face during the day)
Overall, this is the best foundation I have tried until now. And although it’s a little bit pricey (the only thing that it has kept me from buying it sooner), I believe it’s worth the splurge.
Until the next time, wear red lipstick and glitter all the way:-)