I’ve been wanting to write a review about this palette for a while but I guess being in the middle of the “natural/nude palette madness” helped a lot .
In the morning I am a very lazy person but I never renounce at putting makeup on. And generally nude colors are really suited for a well balanced look at a corporate office (yes, nobody wants you too look like you’ve came from a club, no matter how good the final result it is) and mistakes are easily corrected or more hardly noticed with this kind of colors. So it’s makeup 101.
The colors remind me a lot of Naked 2 palette and the 12 names are a pretty funny mix of sensations, names and objects (top down, left to right): Nougat (ivory matte white), Nubuck (light matte grey), Cappuccino (matte light beige), Honeycomb (matte light orange), Toast (matte peach), Taupe (shimmery dirty brownish pink), Conker (shimmery cranberry), Moss (shimmery olive), Bark (matte dark brown), Mineral Earth (metallic bronze), Regal (matte eggplant), Noir (matte dark grey).
Thus being said, let’s get down to business.
- package: slim, compact, well suited for transportation (every day bag or suitcase)
- out of 12 colors, including both matte ans shimmery, you have a large possibility of mix and match;
- very good for day to night transitions
- the color selection is more on the cool side but will go with any eyecolor or skin type
- the shimmery colors are very subtle
- nice pigments – my favorites are: Cappuccino, Taupe, Regal and Moss
- the applicator sponge (or brush in the newer versions of the palette) – worthless
- texture – quite dusty and chalky even when blended
- lasting – even with primer, the shades do not resist on a whole day long marathon
My rating: 6/10. I was a little bit disappointed by this palette, as another thing that Internet raved about but the product didn’t deliver in spite of the fact that I still think that the color selection is versatile and quite appealing and the fact that the palette is quite cheap it saves face in the eyes of the consumers on a budget.
What is your opinion about Sleek Au Naturel?
Until the next time, wear red lipstick and glitter all the way:-)