You may have noticed that against all odds this January has been a busy month and for me it was at some point some extraordinary stress to accompany that. I believe this to be a warning signal for us to adapt to life’s new rhythm and take it easy especially when it seems impossible to do so.
Within this first month of 2015 there was a suspect number of products that came close to being part of this post so probably in February we’ll have a lot to talk about. But in this post I’e decided to include some products that were included as samples when purchased with other products from the same brand.
- Farmec Top Coat – not the first time to say it, but I like to say it anyway: this brand holds one or Romanian’s best products sold at a fair price. Their nail polishes found in stores and supermarkets are in a limited color gamma and their online store is only a bit better, nevertheless, with a few exceptions, I’m a mindless buyer when it comes to their products
- MorrocanOil Repair Conditioner – at the beginning of last year I started coloring my hair and, because I’m a natural blonde, going blonde all the way it seemed the right move for me to do. With blonde hair comes responsibility of constant caring for your locks, so this is how I started my love affair with Morrocanoil, a brand that right now I would recommend without a flick. Conditioner it is a must in the beauty ritual and if you want to find out more, click here for the full review of this product.
- KIKO Hydrating Mask – for the moment I’ve ended all KIKO masks that I had and until a new order from their online store or a visit to a country where their stores are like Starbucks I’m going to make a short break from their skincare products. The masks are very nice and have really sassy fragrances but currently my skin deserves more attention on the sensitive side. To make them justice click here for the full review.
- Nivea Pure & Natural face cream – generally, I like Nivea’s products but this face cream was a total disappointment. In my defense, I was not the one to buy it, but my boyfriend bought it for me as an emergency measure for crashing at his place without any baggage. Lesson was learned, next time I will be more specific but I would not recommend this product further considering two major points: the fragrance was too much my skin could handle and the moisturizing effect was close to non-existent for the dry parts of my skin.
- Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus -I spoke briefly about this serum here, but in the meantime I’ve started actually using it (for a couple of weeks, only in the evening) and really liked it as it felt an efficient addition to moisturizing process and I would want to try this product in full size.
- Urban Decay Anti-aging Eyeshadow Primer Potion – this sample was part of my Naked 3 palette (see here the experience). I’ve used all this sample for the New Year’s Eve party makeup and if it wasn’t for such experience this sample would have been sufficient for two makeup looks. It didn’t make all the wrinkles disappear but it lasted better than any of my other primers. Bottom line, when I came home in the morning my makeup was flawless and this product made it on my wishlist.
- ELF Daily Brush Cleaner – another brand that I like, because you can find very good products at decent price. This product is a decent brush cleaner that will not ruin your wallet and is a good alternative for a quick sanitation of these utensils that we love so much. Click here for the full review.
Until the next time, wear red lipstick and glitter all the way:-)